MOSCOW, Idaho - If you are searching for places to raise a family, look no further. Just travel 90 minutes south of Spokane and in to Idaho.
According to MarketWatch.com, Moscow, Idaho is the number one city to raise a family.
This list was mainly compiled with children in mind. So, ranking criteria for the top 10 best cities included:
- Number of potential playmates (percent of the population that is under age 6)
- Quality of public schools
- Measures of children’s health
- Affordability of housing and transportation options
- Cost of child care
- Number of day care options, parks and libraries
- And, because we know what really matters to kids: the number of candy stores
"Moscow, ID, is home to approximately 25,000 residents and tops this year’s list of the Best Places to Raise a Family — in addition to racking up impressive rankings on the Top 100 Best Places to Live and the 10 Best Affordable Places to Live this year," an article on the site says.
Also described in the article are different activities and family friendly places to visit including the Hamilton-Lowe Aquatics Center during the hot summer months, or the "Bonkerz Indoor Playcenter, where kids of all ages can romp around a giant play structure."
For more fun things about Moscow and to see the other nine cities listed in the top 10, visit MarketWatch's website.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- One person dead in crash in Southwest Spokane County
- Junior Bloomsday returns to Spokane after 20-year hiatus
- Spokane Parks and Rec fills Shadle pool with trout to kick off fishing season
- There's still time to register for Bloomsday before prices go up
- Spokane's Get Lit! Festival returns for the 2019 season
- WSP to increase patrols for 4/20