KOOTENAI COUNTY, Idaho - More than 30 pounds of marijuana were seized by a Kootenai County Sheriff's Deputy and his K9 this week.
34-year-old Juan Carlos Lopez of Grandview was charged with trafficking more than 30 pounds of marijuana through north Idaho Tuesday.
That crime is a felony in the state of Idaho with a mandatory minimum prison sentence of five years and a $15,000 fine.
Lopez was driving erratically around 11:30 on Tuesday morning when Deputy Nate Nelson stopped the car, and his K9 Pogo sniffed out two large plastic totes in the back of the SUV, containing about 32 pounds of weed.
Lopez is being held on a $100,000 bond.
- Railroad crossing malfunction blocks road
- Miracle Monday: Treating congenital heart disease at all ages
- Pullman psychologist jailed for rape found dead in cell
- Spokane Police Arrest two suspects following string of purse snatching incidents
- Services, schedules change for Presidents Day
- Idaho man accused of shooting at officer in custody