SPOKANE, Wash. - The Monroe Street bridge was closed early Friday afternoon as authorities work to recover a body from beneath it.
A water rescue was reported near the bridge just before noon Friday.
The bridge was blocked in both directions while Spokane Fire crews worked to remove the body.
Police activity has closed Monroe St. Bridge right now. Please use an alternate route such as Maple/Ash or Division for your north and southbound arterials.— Spokane Police (@SpokanePD) September 7, 2018
Shooting threat prompts increased police patrols at Cheney Middle School
Cooler temperatures in store this first week of fall... and a chance for snow?!
- Neighbors to follow nearly 90 pages of guidelines should Browne's Addition become historic district
- Teenager crashes into three cars in northwest Spokane, police are investigating
- Growing homeless camp causing neighbors to feel unsafe
- Man crashes his bike outdoors, airlifted to safety by Spokane Air Rescue crew
- Judge: Suit against Alaska Airlines can go forward for woman who fell down escalator in wheelchair
- Grocery worker union calls for Fred Meyer Boycott