WHITEFISH, Mont. - The Flathead County Sheriff announced Saturday that crews found Whitefish doctor Jonathan Torgerson's body, nearly three months after he disappeared while skiing in Whitefish.
The 62-year-old man went missing February 17 while he was backcountry skiing near Whitefish Mountain Resort's Flower Point area, according to Sheriff Chuck Curry.
Dr. Torgerson's body was found in an avalanche deposition zone on the north side of the mountain. Sheriff Curry said it appears Torgerson was caught in a small avalanche that happened February 17.
- Fans celebrate Coeur d'Alene Little League's World Series appearance
- Fish kill planned for West Medical Lake as WDFW responds to goldfish infestation impacting trout
- Power bills could go down for Avista customers in Washington
- Boyds fire near Kettle Falls 27 percent contained
- Know before you go to avoid driving headaches
- New Mudgy & Millie book debuts at birthday