WHITEFISH, Mont. - The Flathead County Sheriff announced Saturday that crews found Whitefish doctor Jonathan Torgerson's body, nearly three months after he disappeared while skiing in Whitefish.
The 62-year-old man went missing February 17 while he was backcountry skiing near Whitefish Mountain Resort's Flower Point area, according to Sheriff Chuck Curry.
Dr. Torgerson's body was found in an avalanche deposition zone on the north side of the mountain. Sheriff Curry said it appears Torgerson was caught in a small avalanche that happened February 17.
- Public use boat launch to open in Spokane neighborhood
- Allergy season: A pain for you and your pets
- Firefighters volunteer time to make Freeman baseball field vision a reality
- Arches of Post St Bridge will remain in new design
- Spokane International Airport busy with holiday travelers
- Rachel Dolezal charged with welfare fraud