COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - It's no secret to locals -- Meltz Extreme Grilled Cheese was named home of the best sandwich in Idaho.
People Magazine named the local shop to its recent list of best sandwiches in every state.
The magazine gave Meltz a shout-out for their Cubano, which is made with mojo-basted pork shoulder, Swiss cheese, smoked ham, roasted garlic and Dijonnaise.
Meltz has been a staple in the Inland Northwest since its opening six years ago. Stop by and pick up one of their delicious sandwiches at their location in downtown Coeur d'Alene or stop by their food truck.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Longtime NIC baseball coach Jack Bloxom passes away
- Two people rescued near Long Bridge in Sandpoint
- Life of Shianne Soles honored with 21 gun salute at funeral service
- A look at tonight's Armed Forces Torchlight Parade route
- Driver blows through stop sign in Spokane Valley, causes accident
- Defense: FBI found no link between Instagram account, devices from LCHS threat suspect's home