SPOKANE, Wash. - A Seattle-bound Alaska Airlines flight made an emergency landing in Spokane on Thursday afternoon after a passenger suffered a medical emergency.
Alaska Airlines Flight #29 departed from Chicago O'Hare International Airport at 2:16 CST and was en route to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport when a male passenger collapsed after leaving the bathroom at the front of the plane.
The plane was 20 minutes away from Spokane International Airport and the crew made an emergency landing, touching down at 3:47 PST in Spokane.
A doctor and two medics on board tended to the man while the plane diverted to Spokane and the doctor began CPR.
The man was transported to the hospital upon landing and the plane continued its flight to Seattle, departing Spokane at 5:36 and landing in Seattle shortly before 6:30.
The man's condition is unknown at this time.
- KCSO Deputies arrest two in possession of drugs and stolen vehicle
- Spokane chef in the running for James Beard award
- Spokane County & District Court work to accommodate nursing mother employees
- DNA links Spokane man to cold case murder & cold case rape
- Restaurant Week starts today!
- Burglar crawls through doggy door; busted by deputy