SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane International Airport was closed for about 30 minutes Monday night when a Delta flight experienced a mechanical issue, according to a spokesman for the airport.
The airport said the mechanical issue happened while the flight was landing. That flight originated in Seattle on New Year's Eve. There were no injuries.
The incident closed the airport from 8:35 p.m. to 8:55 p.m., the airport said. It says when the airport re-opened, traffic used the secondary runway.
The main runway was able to re-open at 10:02 p.m., according to the spokesman. The airport says it completed a series of safety checks.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player