WASHINGTON, D.C. - Cathy McMorris Rodgers introduced the Border Officer Utilization for National Defense (BOUND) Act earlier this month, alongside Representatives Brian Higgins (D-NY) and Elise Stefanik (R-NY).
The BOUND Act requires minimum staffing numbers at points of entry along the U.S.-Canada border.
"Many communities in Northeastern Washington rely on travel and commerce between both U.S. and Canadian towns for their livelihood," Said McMorris Rodgers. "While it's important for us to address the crisis at the southern border, we must also maintain the integrity of our northern border and the relationship between communities on both sides."
She said that the legislation will support local economies and keep the country safe.
- Post Falls man programs 50,000-bulb light display for the holidays
- Making Spirits Bright: Extreme Team lights up display outside Sacred Heart Children's Hospital
- Firefighters: carbon monoxide scare at South Hill restaurant serves as important reminder
- Semi crash blocks westbound lane of I-90 near Lookout Pass
- Gaiser Conservatory to light up for the holiday season next Friday
- Spokane man indicted for threatening to blow up federal courthouse, kill FBI agents