WASHINGTON - Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers introduced the Port of Whitman Economic Expansion Act Thursday to authorize a land exchange with the federal government to help meet the needs of the port and community.
The legislation will authorize a transfer of land from the federal government near the Snake River in exchange for transferring port-owned land with habitat migration back to the federal government.
“The Port of Whitman is the lifeblood of Whitman County,” said McMorris Rodgers. “This legislation will help move a land transfer forward to allow the port to continue their mission of economic development and business expansion. This land transfer will also help meet the needs of fish and wildlife mitigation efforts. The Port of Whitman and businesses associated with it contribute hundreds of millions of dollars in gross regional product every year, and this legislation will help them continue their mission of improving the quality of life for all citizens in Whitman County.”
- Public use boat launch to open in Spokane neighborhood
- Allergy season: A pain for you and your pets
- Firefighters volunteer time to make Freeman baseball field vision a reality
- Arches of Post St Bridge will remain in new design
- Spokane International Airport busy with holiday travelers
- Rachel Dolezal charged with welfare fraud