KENNEWICK, Wash. - Officials received multiple reports of "black smoke" in the air in Kennewick near I-82 and Highway 395 on Monday.
A number of citizens were concerned that it may have been smoke from a fire burning in the area. However, fire officials say it was actually a massive dust devil blowing up ash.
On Saturday, crews responded to a fire that burned at least 500 acres a few miles south of Kennewick near I-82 and Highway 397.
- Providence, Walgreens team up to bring express care clinics to Spokane
- Historic Coeur d'Alene home makes move across lake
- Daily Evergreen journalists explain compliments, criticisms received since Gesser piece
- Reward offered in case of tagged mural
- Health Alert: Potentially deadly toxin found in Moses Lake
- Road closure planned in Coeur d'Alene