SPOKANE, Wash. - The Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox in downtown Spokane has a brand new sound system thanks to the largest donation since the theater was renovated. That donation was made anonymously.
The new sound system was designed by George Relles out of Eugene, Ore. and used Meyer Sound speakers.
Two new subwoofers, two line arrays and five front fill speakers will now blast sound throughout the entire hall evenly.
With the new sound system, they will no longer have to spend money on bringing in additional equipment to overcome sound being lost on the upper balcony, and underneath.
"The best seat in the house, is now every seat in the house," said the theater's General Manager, Brian Ritter.
He says the new system will also allow them to bring in bigger musical artists.
You can experience the new sound during the system's professional debut during this weekend's "The Music of Queen: A Rock Symphony."
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Level 1 Evacuation Notice issued for wildfire burning near Reservation Road in Stevens County
Fire engine crashes while responding to a call in Royal City
- Level 1 Evacuation Notice issued for wildfire burning near Reservation Road in Stevens County
- Fire engine crashes while responding to a call in Royal City
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed