SPOKANE, Wash. - Wednesday, October 3 is National Coffee with a Cop Day, and the Spokane Police Department is celebrating at the Downtown Starbucks from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Neighborhood Resource Officers from each SPD Precinct will be there as well as volunteers from the Spokane COPS Mounted Patrol Unit.
Coffee with a Cop is an event held for police and community members to come together in an informal, neutral space to discuss community issues, build relationships and drink coffee.
The goal of the program is to increase community trust, police legitimacy and partnership building. Coffee with a Cop removes the physical barriers and crisis situations that routinely define interactions between law enforcement officials and community members. Instead, it allows for relaxed, informal one-on-one interactions in a friendly atmosphere.
Starbucks will provide free drip coffee for the event.
- Top stories to know for your Wednesday
- Increased security at Deer Park High School Wednesday due to social media threat
- Police investigating fatal motorcycle crash on N Indain Trail Road
- Friends of the Library fall book sale starts Wednesday
- Tartar Sauce puts Zip's Drive-In on the map
- Spokane voters to face income tax proposition on November ballot