AIRWAY HEIGHTS - Many people stepped up to volunteer their help during the Airway Heights water contamination crisis.
Leonard Westermeyer was happy to lead the Airway Heights Volunteer Corps.
“We've had a lot of good people showing up to try and help out,” he said.
Among his troops were high schoolers from local schools.
“We are excited to come out from Upper Columbia Academy, along with Adventist Community Services,” said high school student John Winslow. “We got invited yesterday and we said 'absolutely.'”
As the crisis continues, Airway Heights continues to work with those who wish to volunteer their time.
All you have to do is dial 211 and say you want to volunteer.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family