LAKEVIEW, Wash. - Officers were involved in a shooting which injured an adult male this morning in the 100 block of Adrian Avenue in Lakeview. None of the officers were injured.
A sheriff’s deputy and officers from Ephrata police and Soap Lake police were investigating a report of a possible sighting of a wanted person when the shooting happened around 10:45 a.m.
The man who was shot suffered a wound to his lower leg and was transported to Samaritan Healthcare in Moses Lake. He has since been released and is lodged in the Grant County Jail for investigation of first degree assault.
The man who was shot was not the wanted person that officers were looking for.
The shooting is under investigation by the Columbia Basin Investigative Team (CBIT), which includes detectives from the Moses Lake Police Department, Washington State Patrol, Adams County Sheriff’s Office, Grant County Sheriff’s Office and the Ephrata Police Department. This is common practice for an officer involved shooting.
The involved law enforcement officers have been temporarily reassigned to administrative leave with pay, which is standard procedure after a critical use-of-force incident.
The investigation is on-going.
In the coming days, the Grant County Sheriff's Office will release the names of the officers involved as well as details about the shooting.
Aggressive bears close portion of Grand Teton National Park
There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player
- #happylife: 'School Shoes for Kids' drive makes sure every student has a pair of sneaks
- #happylife: A doctor's warning for parents before booking a sports physical
- Car crashes into jersey barrier along I-90 near Moses Lake