MILTON, Wash. - A 60-year-old man was shot dead by a motorcyclist early Thursday evening on Interstate 5 in an apparent road rage incident near the Pierce/King county line.
Washington State Patrol says the man - who was the driver of a car - and a 23-year-old woman on a motorcycle got into a dispute.
Both pulled over to the left shoulder of the southbound I-5 lanes and got into a physical altercation. WSP says both were on the ground fighting.
The woman then shot the man.
The man's wife witnessed the accident from the passenger seat of his vehicle and stayed on scene to call 911.
More information will be added to this story as it becomes available.
Road rage incident SB I5 @ King/Pierce County line between motorcycle & car. Physical altercation led to shots fired Aid & police on scene— Trooper Brooke Bova (@wspd1pio) February 9, 2018
Update: the male who was shot is deceased. For Media Staging: I will be enroute to the Porter Way overpass.— Trooper Brooke Bova (@wspd1pio) February 9, 2018
- Time to prepare for spring turkey season
- Sheriff retains deputy who shot wife
- Starting today, the Red Wagon will be inaccessible for three weeks
- City plans to open carrousel, other Riverfront Park attractions this spring
- Group aims to save Lewiston performing arts center from demolition
- Proposed state initiative aims to ban soda taxes in Washington