SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - One man is dead and another faces vehicular homicide charges after a fatal hit and run in Spokane Valley Monday night.
Authorities believe 39-year-old Virgil J. Seymour was impaired and speeding when his car struck another car at the intersection of Broadway and University just before midnight. Seymour then got out of his car and ran from the scene before being found by a Spokane County Sheriff K9 unit.
Seymour was charged with vehicular homicide. Each driver had a passenger who suffered minor injuries.
Broadway was shut down until 7:00 Tuesday morning while investigators worked the scene.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
- Reflecting on Tuesday's tsunami scare
- WSU develops sleep sensor designed to improve sleep quality
- Newman Lake man killed in hit and run outside Oklahoma City club
- EWU students build prosthetic arm for 5th grader
- Spokane Public Schools pull cartons after student finds cleaning material in chocolate milk
- House committee approves lower carbon fuels standard