CRAIGMONT, Idaho - A Craigmont, Idaho, man was killed Thursday afternoon on U.S. Route 95 after his truck was struck by another truck while attempting to make a turn.
At 1:18 p.m., 91-year-old Richard C. Huntley was driving a 2001 Ford Ranger pickup northbound on U.S. 95 when he failed to yield while attempting to turn left onto Westlake Road. His truck was struck by a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup, driven by 33-year-old Edward B. Rice.
Rice was not injured in the crash but Huntley was transported to St. Joseph's Medical Center in Lewiston where he died of his injuries.
Both drivers were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Next of kin has been notified.
- Skater falls on Spokane ice ribbon, dies
- Fire closes Moses Lake pizza parlor for "foreseeable future"
- Iconic Moses Lake pizza parlor on fire
- Weather cooperates as hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Walk for Life NW
- WSU community honors quarterback with candlelight vigil
- Spokane's favorite crossing guard