KOOTENAI CO., Idaho - Kootenai County Detectives identified the man struck and killed by a train near Hwy 53 and Pleasantview Road on Sunday.
The victim was identified as 42-year old Michael Hart from Post Falls.
Just after midnight on Sunday, authorities from the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office, Idaho State Police and Hauser Lake Fire got a report of a train striking a pedestrian.
They responded to the area of W. Highway 53 and N. Pleasantview Rd. where they found the victim who had already died.
Authorities are still investigating what led up to the incident.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
The Gathering at the Falls Powwow celebrates 28 years
Alaska Airlines apologizes to family for leaving 13-year-old unattended on flight
- The Gathering at the Falls Powwow celebrates 28 years
- Detectives searching for man who fired gun at Spokane Valley house
- Registered sex offender moves to Soap Lake
- Boater dies in crash at Thunder on the Snake boat races
- City crews responding to water main break on NW Blvd
- MultiCare creates virtual and in-home programs to serve Inland Northwest's seniors