SPOKANE, Wash. - UPDATE: The Spokane County Medical Examiner has confirmed the identity of the man found in the vehicle. According to the report, 56-year-old John W. Cummings died from a gunshot wound to the head. The manner of death was suicide.
ORIGINAL: A man was found dead inside of a car on the lower South Hill Sunday evening after a citizen found him there.
Spokane Police responded to the 1000 block of E. 18th Avenue at around 3:45 p.m. but were unable to revive the man.
Major crime detectives are on scene and S. Arthur Street and Southeast Boulevard will remain closed as they do their investigation.
Based on what police found at the scene, they do not believe there is any threat to the public.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Crime Check at (509) 456-2233.
- Police locate truck suspected in fatal hit-and-run
- Family remembers window washer who died at Spokane library
- Spokane County's K9 Laslo passes away
- Authorities search for driver of deadly Liberty Lake hit-and-run, parents concerned
- K9 Khan takes down two suspects in one night
- Wooly Aphids swarm the city as they migrate and mate