SPOKANE, Wash. - A person walking on the Centennial Trail around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday came across a badly injured man lying in the Spokane River.
The man was found along E. Upriver Dr., inbetween Havana St. & Buckley Ave. The passerby called 911 and the man was taken to the hospital.
The Spokane Police Department's Major Crimes Unit is on the scene investigating. So far, officers do not know how the man was injured or how he ended up in the river.
Investigators are hoping to learn more when they are able to talk to the man later today.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery
- Deputies involved in deadly Spokane Valley shooting identified
- Have fun with the family before school starts up at the North Idaho State Fair
- Spokane Co. Medical Examiner identifies Spokane Valley shooting suspect
- Riverfront Park Pavilion officially reopening on September 6
- Massive tree-cutting project could aid imperiled sage grouse