DALTON GARDENS, Idaho - Police arrested a Post Falls man after he led police on a pursuit and crashed into an occupied house in Dalton Gardens Monday night.
Around 8:25 p.m., a Kootenai County Sheriff's Deputy tried to pull over 30-year-old Cesar Arana for driving without headlights near Government Way and Orchard Ave. in Hayden, Idaho. Arana would not pull over and sped up to 80 mph. He then lost control and crashed into a home in the 7000 block of Rude St. in Dalton Gardens, before fleeing on foot.
A K-9 unit successfully tracked Arana and found him hiding under a motor home, not far from where he crashed his car. Arana was arrested and taken to Kootenai Health.
He has been charged with Felony Eluding, Reckless Driving, Leaving the Scene of a Crash, DUI, and Possession of Marijuana.
Arana was wanted in Kootenai County on charges from a previous DUI. He has been arrested 19 times before in Kootenai County since 2003 for various charges, including eluding a police officer, DUI, obstructing law enforcement, and disturbing the peace and drug charges.
None of the occupants of the house were injured, but the house was significantly damaged.
Idaho State Police are assisting with the investigation.
- Alaska Airlines gives local kids an adventure to the 'North Pole'
- Spokane is growing and rentals can't keep up
- Protesters urge Rep. McMorris Rodgers to vote against Republican tax bill
- K9 Kahn locates stolen gun ditched by fleeing suspect
- Wolves poached in northeast Washington
- Washington medical partnership shapes future of medicine