Local News

Working smoke detectors save Spokane Valley man's life

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to an early morning house fire at 4308 E 2nd Avenue in Spokane Valley. 

Firefighters arrived at small, single-family home, just after midnight to find a man had safely made it outside and smoke coming from the front of his home. Crews quickly extinguished a small fire in the attic over the living room.

The man, and only resident in the home, was asleep at the time of the fire and was woken by an activated smoke detector.  

The cause was determined to be electrical wiring in the attic. Damage was mainly contained to the living room. 

The Spokane Valley Fire Department would like to remind residents to make sure that you have working smoke detectors in your residence.


LOCAL AND REGIONAL NEWS

THIS WEEK'S CIRCULARS