SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Early Friday morning, a car traveling at a high speed collided with a Spokane Valley fire engine at Mission and University.
Spokane Valley Fire spokesman Shawn Pichette said that the driver of Valley Engine 1 "noticed a car coming towards him in the opposite direction, and by the time he realized he was going to hit him, it was too late.”
The adult male driver of the smaller vehicle sustained significant injuries from the collision. After a prolonged effort to remove him from his vehicle, he was transported to Sacred Heart in Spokane.
At this time, the condition of the driver is unknown and it is unclear if drugs or alcohol were involved in the incident.
- Idaho Greeks self-impose sanctions on alcohol-related events
- Spokane Valley teens hope to help thousands of people with new driving technology
- City of Spokane passes its budget for next year
- Thieves break into cars outside local daycare facilities
- Shipping deadlines fast approaching to get packages delivered by Christmas
- Ice ribbon hosts Yoga on Ice every Tuesday