NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - UPDATE: Detectives have charged 29-year-old Nicholas L. Holden with second degree murder. He's currently being held in the Spokane county jail on a $750,000 bond. The investigation is ongoing.
Major Crimes Detectives are investigating a homicide in Newman Lake and say domestic violence could be involved.
Fire crews were called to a home in the 14000 block of north Meadow Lane at about 8:30 AM. When they arrived, the woman was unresponsive. Life saving measures were attempted but the woman was declared dead on scene.
Deputies said there were clear signs the woman had been physically assaulted. Initial interviews indicated the woman and her boyfriend were involved in a domestic violence argument on Thursday afternoon. Detectives are still working to establish a more clear timeline of events.
The woman's boyfriend has been interviewed by police. As of Friday afternoon, an arrest had not been made.
- City of Spokane to launch bike-share program
- Suicide prevention signs hung on Monroe Street Bridge
- BLM temporarily bans target shooting in eastern Washington
- WSU welcomes largest freshman class in history
- Lake City HS football team travels to Wallace to escape poor air quality
- Lumber truck overturns on Idaho State Highway 11