NEWMAN LAKE, Wash. - UPDATE: Detectives have charged 29-year-old Nicholas L. Holden with second degree murder. He's currently being held in the Spokane county jail on a $750,000 bond. The investigation is ongoing.
Major Crimes Detectives are investigating a homicide in Newman Lake and say domestic violence could be involved.
Fire crews were called to a home in the 14000 block of north Meadow Lane at about 8:30 AM. When they arrived, the woman was unresponsive. Life saving measures were attempted but the woman was declared dead on scene.
Deputies said there were clear signs the woman had been physically assaulted. Initial interviews indicated the woman and her boyfriend were involved in a domestic violence argument on Thursday afternoon. Detectives are still working to establish a more clear timeline of events.
The woman's boyfriend has been interviewed by police. As of Friday afternoon, an arrest had not been made.
- Coeur d'Alene resident crashes car into Fernan Lake
- Fire leaves Shogun Restaurant "a total loss"
- Dogs reported stolen from Spokane yards
- Early morning fire destroys Spokane's Shogun restaurant
- UPDATE: SPD has located car in Spokane River
- Spokane Valley Police looking for suspicious male who contacted young girl