SPOKANE, Wash. - The Enrichment Cooperative at Bryant, Westview Elementary School, and On Track Academy were honored with a 2017 School of Distinction award for continuous improvement.
The three Spokane Public Schools sites are among the 98 Washington schools honored by the Center for Educational Effectiveness and their partner organizations.
The School of Distinction awards recognize the highest improving schools in Washington state. The awards celebrate school staff, students, and leaders who improve performance for all students over a sustained period of time in reading/English language arts, and mathematics.
School of Distinction awards are based on five years of performance data on state assessments in reading and math. All winners rank in the top 5 percent of the state.
A recognition program for all the region's winners will be held Wednesday, December 13, at 10 a.m., in the ESD 101 conference center at 4202 S. Regal St.
- Alaska Airlines gives local kids an adventure to the 'North Pole'
- Spokane is growing and rentals can't keep up
- Protesters urge Rep. McMorris Rodgers to vote against Republican tax bill
- K9 Kahn locates stolen gun ditched by fleeing suspect
- Wolves poached in northeast Washington
- Washington medical partnership shapes future of medicine