NEWPORT, Wash. - A 17-year-old was killed Friday afternoon when the car he was riding in collided with a dump truck.
Washington State Patrol says four teenagers were headed northbound on State Route 2 near Newport.
A school bus had stopped traffic in the northbound lane. Troopers say the driver of the car, 18-year-old Braden Nichols was unable to stop in time, crossed the center lane, and was hit by the dump truck.
WSP says 17-year-old Michael Warner died at the scene. Nichols and two other passengers, 17- year-old Lilly Gray and 16-year-old Cody Warner were all taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center. Gray was transported via Life Flight. Nichols was the only person in the vehicle wearing a seatbelt.
The driver of the truck was not injured.
WSP says the cause of the crash was inattention, but they are still investigating.
- Court docs: Isenberg autopsy shows "no evidence of drowning"
- Spokane Public Library hosts ribbon cutting for 24-hour Library
- Cenex Zip Trip rape suspect charged with additional crimes
- Asphalt tanker catches fire in Stevens county
- Hotel RL bought by company that owns Davenport hotels
- CBD: What is it and how can it help you?