RATHDRUM, Idaho - A technical glitch caused a building-wide emergency lockdown at Lakeland Junior High School Friday morning.
Several Rathdrum police officers were sent to the scene, and they conducted a building-wide search.
The lockdown lasted around 50 minutes, and all students and staff were accounted for.
Officers determined that the lockdown was caused by a technical glitch. The school district is working to make sure it doesn't happen again.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal