SPOKANE, Wash. - Sweet Frostings Bake Shops are helping to paint Spokane purple and raise awareness about domestic violence.
Right now, half of their $4 white and purple cookies will go to the YWCA's fight to End the silence.
Sweet Frostings held a similar fundraiser last year with much success.
“It affects about one in three women in Spokane, and one in seven men in Spokane. So it's prominent in the area,” said Jessica Winfrey, who works at Sweet Frostings.
On Thursday, the community is invited to the downtown Sweet Frostings location for the YWCA Cupcakes with cops event. Spokane officers will be handing out free mini cupcakes, and attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the YWCA's Domestic Violence month challenge and learn about the services they offer.
- Twitter reacts to Tyler Hilinski's death
- Man attacked in downtown Spokane near House of Charity
- Pullman teenager accused of killing high school student pleads guilty
- Mike Leach releases statement on Tyler Hilinski's death
- Spokane AMR paramedic selected to NASCAR safety team for 2018
- Spokane County confident in their emergency alert system