AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - UPDATE: The Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the Airway Heights woman stabbed to death inside her home as 67-year-old Sally Love.
59-year-old Daniel Love is the main suspect in a fatal stabbing that occurred Sunday in Airway Heights.
Authorities responded to a mobile home park on Rambo Road just off Highway 2 after a woman called saying she had been stabbed.
Medics were unable to save her but police quickly detained and arrested Daniel Love.
Neighbors in the park said that Love is the victim's brother, and that he also lives in the park.
Friends who knew the victim were left in shock.
“She was just a very caring lady,” said Loretta Palmer, friend of the victim. “She was very thoughtful, always out there for anybody that needed help.”
The Spokane County Medical Examiner has not officially released the name of the victim, but friends who knew her said she's a woman in her mid-70's.
59-year-old Daniel Love made his first appearance in district court Monday afternoon.
He is charged with second-degree murder, and his bond is now set at $500,000.
This is a developing story.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family