SPOKANE, Wash. - Visit Spokane, the area's largest tourism agency, has just released a new slogan: “Creative by Nature.”
The agency decided to move on from “Near Nature, Near Perfect,” their slogan of 13 years, and begin the new era of “Creative by Nature.”
While the three words seem simple, Visit Spokane believes the new slogan paints the Lilac City as the beacon of the region.
“The idea behind the brand is that Spokane is the capital of the Intermountain Northwest,” said Cheryl Kilday, President of Visit Spokane. “So that defines the geography from the Cascades to the Rockies, and that we're the biggest thing in that region.”
Some, are opposed to the new slogan.
But Kilday believes the double meaning suites Spokane well.
“You can enjoy the culture, the arts, the culinary, all those things that are part of our community,” she said. “And the 'By Nature,' is the backdrop, but it's also the nature of who we are.”
- Post Falls Police search for missing teen
- SPD investigating after body found downtown
- Pullman businesses raise money to fight mental illness
- Kootenai County Jail population hits record high
- Investigation prompts several search warrants at Red Top motel in Spokane Valley
- Idaho senator's reaction stirring up social media