SPOKANE, Wash. - Back to school shopping is in full swing, and if you're looking to save money, your best option may not be the obvious.
Thrift stores could be your best bet for back to school needs while shopping on a budget. You may not immediately find the items your looking for, but thrifting around can yield amazing deals.
For your youngsters heading back to school, you can find just about everything you need at thrift stores like The Arc Of Spokane.
"We have from backpacks to paper, notebooks... other than the clothing. So yeah, we have a lot of different things," said Amy Flaugher, manager at The Arc Of Spokane.
But, even if you were just hunting for a new school wardrobe, thrift stores offer stylish clothes at a great bargain.
"We actually get a lot of brand new stuff that comes in and higher quality stuff," Flaugher said.
It may just take a little more time to find those higher quality items. I did some digging at The Arc and found a $150 Calvin Klein dress going for just $22. The original tag was still intact.
And on the weekends, even bigger savings. This Saturday (8/19) every item at The Arc with the store's old tag colors will be 50 cents off. The store also provides a 50% discount on Saturday's. It's the perfect bargain for those of you looking to save some cash.
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gets to work renovating Project ID