SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Public Schools Board Director Paul Schneider resigned his position on the board Tuesday.
“There is no doubt that this decision was difficult for Paul to make,” said School Board President Deana Brower. “His passion for education and what is best for the classrooms of our district has been evident over the past 18 months of his service.”
The school board will meet in early August to determine a timeline and next steps in the public process to fill Director Schneider's seat on the five-member board.
Schneider is accused of drunk driving in June. Police believe he clipped a bicyclist and fled the scene, then hit two street signs before crashing his car into a power pole.
- Moose rescued after getting tangled in swing set
- Beloved Crescent building Christmas window displays are back
- Cryptocurrency craze
- Spokane Park Board votes to create cross country skiing trails near golf course
- More people misuse disabled parking spots in winter months
- 'Tobacco 21' seeks to up the age to purchase cigarettes and e-cigarettes