SPOKANE, Wash. - Risk of wildfires due to hot and dry weather throughout the Inland Northwest has indefinitely halted road grading in the Spokane County Works Department's four road districts.
A substantial amount of rainfall would be needed for road crews to be able to grade dirt and gravel roads. A single spark from a grader blade could start a fire that destroys a home and surrounding properties.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family