SPOKANE, Wash. - Moses Lake school shooter Barry Loukaitis arrived in court Thursday for resentencing, but it was rescheduled for next year.
Loukaitis is now 35 years old. He was 14 when he walked into Frontier Middle School in 1996 and opened fire, killing two students and a teacher.
He was granted a new trial last year when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that teens under the age of 16 can't be sentenced to life without the possibility of parole, which had been Loukaitis' original sentence.
Loukaitis will be resentenced in April 2017.
- More people misuse disabled parking spots in winter months
- 'Tobacco 21' seeks to up the age to purchase cigarettes and e-cigarettes
- Cost of child care burdens Washington families
- Yoke's Season of Giving Food Drive
- Kootenai County deputy takes pie to the face to support student with cancer
- USA Judo selects Spokane to host 2018 Junior Olympics