SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - According to the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife, a cougar has been reported around 4:30 a.m. near Evergreen Middle School, from 12th to 16th, in Spokane Valley.
Officials say they've been out searching for the cougar most of Monday morning trying to track down the cat, but with no luck so far.
They emphasize that the cougar has not displayed any aggressive behavior and are unsure if it's still in the area Fish and Wildlife hopes the animal was just moving through the area and don't want neighbors to panic, but to just keep an eye on pets.
They are currently monitoring. This is a developing story. More information to follow.
- Spokane Valley immigration lawyer breaks down zero tolerance policy
- Spokane non-profit helping veterans heal looks for new location
- Woman found not guilty in nephew's death
- Schweitzer offers bikes with a boost
- Spokane Valley law enforcement warns of potential burglary scheme
- Spokane Valley Deputy and K9 catch suspect on the run