SPOKANE, Wash. - Long-time Spokane Public School teacher John Oakley passed away.
Spokane Public Schools posted the following message to their Facebook page on Thursday afternoon:
"IN MEMORY: We are sorry to report the death of long-time teacher John Oakely [sic] at the age of 59. As many in the Spokane community may know, John has been battling Lou Gehrig's disease the past several years and has been an inspiration to all of us.
"John's 28-year history with this district reaches many of us. His wife, Debbie, is a principal at Roosevelt Elementary. His son Adam is a teacher at Cooper Elementary, son Aaron is a para-educator at Ferris High School, and his daughter-in-law Dominique is an office manager at Adams Elementary.
His history of teaching includes assignments at Roosevelt, Garfield Elementary and Sacajawea Middle School. He touched the lives of thousands of students and parents and will be deeply missed. Please join us in holding the Oakely [sic] family in your thoughts in the coming weeks."
USA Judo selects Spokane to host 2018 Junior Olympics
Parks and Recreation, Trust for Public Land redesigning Dutch Jakes Park in West Central Spokane
- Kootenai County deputy takes pie to the face to support student with cancer
- USA Judo selects Spokane to host 2018 Junior Olympics
- Parks and Recreation, Trust for Public Land redesigning Dutch Jakes Park in West Central Spokane
- KXLY spreads holiday cheer at Spokane Guild School
- Rep. McMorris Rodgers issues statement on FCC net neutrality vote
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 14