SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Spokane County Fairgrounds have transformed into a winter wonderland. Due to Riverfront Park's construction, Winter Glow Spectacular organizers have moved the holiday tradition to the Valley - a change that offers an opportunity.
While the Fairgrounds is further away from the foot traffic of downtown, founder Jerry Schmidt is now available to put half of his attractions indoors, away from this season's frigid temperatures.
"You can come in and see displays that you wouldn't be able to see outside," explains Schmidt. "But at the same time, you can still have that holiday experience outside and see the lights glittering off the snow. There's a real advantage of being indoors as well as outdoors."
Winter Glow Spectacular will be open to the public through the New Year, for more information visit spokanewinterglow.com.
- Student strangers become friends planning March For Our Lives Spokane
- Suspect on the loose after hours-long standoff
- Jersey Mikes donates all sales to Providence Health Care Foundation
- Body found at Winchester State Park
- Interior Secretary and Spokane Tribe discuss opioid crisis, Grand Coulee Dam compensation
- Wake Up Call to offer puppaccinos on National Puppy Day