SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane River has been re-opened in the Spokane Valley effective immediately.
The river was previously closed in March due to high water levels and flood conditions.
As the river is re-opened, it is important to remember that the water is still very cold with swift and powerful currents.
River users must observe all Water Safety Regulations, which includes wearing a flotation device.
River users should also dress appropriately, and be aware of current river conditions.
- Spokane Police Chief appointed to Washington Association of Sheriffs & Police Chiefs Executive Board
- Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office cracks down on drunk driving
- Semi-truck driver killed near Wallace
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 13
- Working smoke detectors save Spokane Valley man's life
- Idaho Greeks self-impose sanctions on alcohol-related events