SPOKANE, Wash. - UPDATE: The man who died of a gunshot wound to the head and neck has been identified as 22-year-old Emmitt D. Palmer.
The shooting suspect, 24-year-old Tyler H. Clark, was booked into jail on charges of 2nd Degree Murder. He appeared in court on Tuesday and is being held on $500,000 bond.
One person was shot to death Monday afternoon in west Spokane.
Police were called to the Canyon Greens Apartments on S. Westcliff Place, near the Indiana Canyon Golf Course on reports of a shooting.
Police said a dispute led up to the shooting, but weren't able to say yet what happened or the relationship between the victim and suspect.
It's also unclear if either person lived in the apartment complex.
Neighbors said they're shocked this would happen in their quiet neighborhood.
“I just never think of that sort of thing happening to that neighborhood because you just don't think of these people being involved in that sort of event,” said Kurt Scudder, a omeowner.
The shooter has been arrested and major crimes is still investigating.
This is a developing story.
- Pullman teenager sentenced in killing of high school student
- KXLY4's anchors named as favorites in Inlander's "Best of" edition
- Made in the Northwest: Cygnus
- UPDATE: Police activity cleared in Logan neighborhood
- Students from 7 to 17 plan Spokane's March For Our Lives
- Moscow seeks nominees for 2018 Mayor's Earth Day Awards