SPOKANE, Wash. - The Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs has appointed Spokane Police Chief Craig Meidl to its Executive Board.
Meidl will fill the unexpired term of Chief Steve Strachan of the Bremerton Police Department who has been selected as WASPC's new Executive Director, effective January 1, 2018. Meidl will join the board from January 1, 2018, to May 2020.
“Chief Meidl leads a department that is a national model for policing and WASPC has been a great partner to the Spokane Police Department as it has evolved,” Spokane Mayor David Condon said. “Spokane will continue to grow a statewide collaboration that has been so successful.”
WASPC strives to enhance public safety through collaboration among law enforcement executives.
“It’s a true honor to be selected to serve on the WASPC Executive Board,” says Meidl. “I am looking forward to working with colleagues throughout Washington to help provide a positive impact for our State’s law enforcement.”
- Reflecting on Tuesday's tsunami scare
- WSU develops sleep sensor designed to improve sleep quality
- Newman Lake man killed in hit and run outside Oklahoma City club
- EWU students build prosthetic arm for 5th grader
- Spokane Public Schools pull cartons after student finds cleaning material in chocolate milk
- House committee approves lower carbon fuels standard