SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Park Board passed a proposal Thursday to turn land near Indian Canyon Golf Course into cross country skiing trails.
There will be one beginner trail, and one intermediate. The board hopes the trails will be a way for the golf courses to make extra money in the winter.
The trails are northeast of the course, where there's already walking trails and service roads.
“We're utilizing the service roads so we're not actually grooming on the Fairways,” said Ryan Griffith, Assistant Recreation Director. “It's about a one and a half mile route, and it'll hopefully be groomed for classic cross country skiing as well as skate skiing.”
The trails will open once six inches of snow is on the ground and it's below freezing. You can access the trails through Whittier Park. They will be free to the public.
- Services, schedules change for Presidents Day
- Pullman psychologist jailed for rape found dead in cell
- Spokane Police Arrest two suspects following string of purse snatching incidents
- Idaho man accused of shooting at officer in custody
- Canine influenza spreads to East Idaho
- Both missing Bonners Ferry girls found safe