SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer has been accepted into the 2018 Fire Service Executive Development Institute.
Schaeffer competed with new fire chiefs and chief officers from across the country for his acceptance. He was also awarded a scholarship to cover the expenses of attending the program.
“I am honored to have been selected for this opportunity,” say Schaeffer. “I am trying to build an organization where its members are committed to ongoing learning at all levels, including the Chief.”
The program is a year-long leadership development program. The participants will learn from experts in the fire service about leadership in today's modern fire departments, and how to keep communities safe.
- Local agencies weigh in on the #WhyIDidntReport movement
- Union Gospel Mission uniting community for World Homeless Day
- Woman arrested for arson for downtown Spokane apartment fire
- South Boundary Fire Protection District sued as former commissioner faces rape charges
- Steven Branting to appear at Northtown Barnes and Noble for book signing
- Level 2 evacuation notice lifted for I-90 fires