SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Fire District 9's annual 'Demo Day and Wellness Fair' features a wealth of resources to help families to brush up on safety.
It's the fourth year, district 9 has hosted the event at their Mead Station and it gets bigger every year.
“It started off fairly small and it has evolved,” said Jim Walkowski, Assistant Chief. “The great thing about that is that it gives the community the opportunity to interact with the fire district and then we get to have all the vendors here. It is about health wellness and it was meant to have a safer, healthier community.”
More than 60 vendors in all and lots of fun activities for the kids, and the event is free.
It starts Saturday at 10 a.m. at Spokane County Fire District 9 just off Farwell Road in Mead.
- Census estimates show median household income gains in Idaho
- Rising rents becoming an issue in Spokane County
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 11
- Small town band performs in 50 states in 12 days
- Children in need pair up with law enforcement to buy gifts for families
- Unprecedented success for 2017 Christmas Tree Elegance