SPOKANE, Wash. - Deer Park and Spokane County Officials gathered to celebrate the groundbreaking of Spokane County Fire District 4's new facility.
Station 41 has long been Spokane County Fire District 4's busiest station.
"It's a big deal for the community," explained Chief Randy Johnson. "The station we're currently working out of we lease from the city of Deer Park , we've been there for 32 years. It was time to update."
Located on the corner of Stevens and Crawford, the new facility will be complete with a community center, as well as top-of-the-line equipment.
"We tried to be as fiscally conservative as possible, but we planned for the long haul. We plan to be in this facility for 30+ years like the last one."
- Flu death toll continues to rise in Spokane
- Spokane ranked 2nd least safe city in Washington
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer