SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane County Courthouse was evacuated Friday afternoon due to an envelope containing a suspicious material.
The envelope was opened on the third floor of the Annex building, and four people were exposed to the material.
The employees were sequestered and the office was closed off by Courthouse security and the Spokane Police Department. The substance was tested and determined to be non-hazardous.
It was preliminarily identified as writing correction fluid.
The courthouse annex reopened at 2:10 p.m. on Friday.
- Forum focuses on ending child abuse in Spokane County
- Extreme Team Project: Project ID
- Idaho senator to discuss financial reform plans
- Federal budget cuts could impact Spokane County assistance programs
- Deputies searching for man who stole safe from grocery store
- SPD arrest two people believed to be involved in series of violent crimes