SPOKANE, Wash. - Inland Northwest Community Foundation has named County Commissioner Shelly O'Quinn as their new CEO.
In a statement O'Quinn said, “It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with a team whose culture is focused on connecting people who care with causes that matter. I look forward to the opportunities that lie ahead of us as an organization to develop a deeper level of engagement with donors and community partners, and address some of the most challenging issues in our region through effective philanthropy.”
O'Quinn has served as Spokane County Commissioner since 2013.
Along with two other elected commissioners, she manages the executive and legislative branch responsibilities of Spokane County and is responsible for combined annual budgets of over $500 million.
O'Quinn was chosen from among 55 applicants during a nationwide search. She will assume her new position in June.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family