SPOKANE, Wash. - Over the last 10 years - Spirit Halloween stores have asked every customer one simple question during every transaction: "Would you like to donate to Shriners Hospital for Children?"
The donations have been small - but consistent. Before the seasonal stores popped up around Spokane this fall, they had already raised over $250,000 for the local children's hospital.
Shriners Hospital... and more of the same is expected this year
"We're pretty confident that they're going to break $300,000 this year, which is incredible," beamed Kristin Monasmith - Director of Marketing and Communications with the hospital."(the money) stays local, takes care of the kids in Spokane. It helps fund camps and activities for the kids who are being cared for at the hospital."
For as little as $1 - you can be apart of Spirit's effort to better the lives of kids battling life threatening illnesses.
For more information on Spirit Stores - visit SpiritHalloween.com.
- BREAKING: SPD investigating after body found downtown
- Pullman businesses raise money to fight mental illness
- Kootenai County Jail population hits record high
- Investigation prompts several search warrants at Red Top motel in Spokane Valley
- Idaho senator's reaction stirring up social media
- Wolf Creek Lodge Steak House closing its doors