SPOKANE, Wash. - A local boy named Tanner has big dreams of becoming a police officer. So this weekend, he had a law enforcement themed birthday party.
To the birthday boy's surprise, some of his heroes showed up.
A post on The City of Spokane Police Department's Facebook page explains the whole thing.
An invitation was sent out calling all units to help celebrate the future officer turning seven years old.
And The Spokane Police Department answered the call in a big way.
Eleven officers showed up to wish Tanner a Happy Birthday and make the day of some pretty excited kids.
All Tanner's guests got a tour of a SWAT BearCat, got to look at all of the officers' equipment, and even try on a bullet proof vest.
A comment on the post says the officers then joined the kids in a game of pin the badge on the officer, and decorated the backyard in police tape.
Even the officers on the graveyard shift, who couldn't make the party, sent Tanner and his family a card signed by the whole team.
We have a feeling that Tanner is going to remember his 7th birthday party for the rest of his life.
- KXLY4's anchors named as favorites in Inlander's "Best of" edition
- Made in the Northwest: Cygnus
- UPDATE: Police activity cleared in Logan neighborhood
- Students from 7 to 17 plan Spokane's March For Our Lives
- Moscow seeks nominees for 2018 Mayor's Earth Day Awards
- Groups oppose Senate candidate's planned rally, citing safety concerns