SPOKANE, Wash. - University Road was closed for several hours due to a serious injury head-on collision investigation.
On Friday morning just before 4:00 a.m., the driver of a northbound passenger vehicle on University Road crossed the centerline and struck a southbound Spokane Valley Fire Department truck, head-on.
The firefighters were uninjured, and immediately turned their attention to the driver, who had to be extricated.
Spokane Valley Deputies responded to the scene to assist and begin the investigation.
Traffic Collison Investigators also responded.
SIRT Team Volunteers responded to assist with traffic control.
Investigators believe impairment and speed are possible factors of this collision.
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 14
- As bald eagles converge on Lake Coeur d'Alene, biologist warns of lead bullet use
- Christmas inflatable decorations slashed
- Toddler learns to snowboard before first birthday
- Spokane Democrats say Alabama special election gives hope for 2018
- Band members charged with raping woman released from jail