WASHINGTON - Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers released the following statement after the Federal Communication Commission's vote to roll back regulations put in place by the Obama administration.
“I support an open Internet, but there is a better way to ensure consumer protections without disrupting the free flow of information and innovation that has made it a cornerstone of the 21st Century economy,” said McMorris Rodgers. “The heavy-handed rules from the Obama administration stifled investment in rural communities, like those in Eastern Washington, and created uncertainty for ISPs in meeting the requirements of those rules. What I want is for everyone to come to the table to find a bipartisan, legislative solution that will protect consumers while not harming investment, innovation, and free-market principles.”
- Grangeville man killed in motorcycle accident on U.S. Route 12
- Spokane couple organizers blood drive after lifesaving transfusion
- Mussel sniffing dog highlights WDFW emphasis on aquatic invasive species inspections
- Tickets on sale for TBT in Spokane
- Record freshman class expected at WSU this fall
- USA Judo Junior Olympic Championships return to Spokane