WASHINGTON - Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers released the following statement after the Federal Communication Commission's vote to roll back regulations put in place by the Obama administration.
“I support an open Internet, but there is a better way to ensure consumer protections without disrupting the free flow of information and innovation that has made it a cornerstone of the 21st Century economy,” said McMorris Rodgers. “The heavy-handed rules from the Obama administration stifled investment in rural communities, like those in Eastern Washington, and created uncertainty for ISPs in meeting the requirements of those rules. What I want is for everyone to come to the table to find a bipartisan, legislative solution that will protect consumers while not harming investment, innovation, and free-market principles.”
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope
- Spokane autism conference features special guest from Sesame Street